Parents provide valuable service to our school. Through the Parent Volunteer Program, parents have the opportuninty to meet each other and build community. Additionally, our school gains access to talents and abilities that we would otherwise have to fund.
1. Fingerprinting Clearance on file with the Diocese and reported to HSPS.
To ensure the safety of our students, Holy Spirit Parish School upholds the diocesan policy that requires ALL adult volunteers working directly with students to have Live Scan fingerprint clearance on file with the Diocese of Sacramento.
Forms are available in the school office.
2. Volunteers must complete a training program to volunteer to work with children. Everyone who works with our students must complete a child abuse prevention training once every three years. This program, Shield the Vulnerable, is mandatory for those who have not been trained through their parish or who completed training prior to 2006. This new program takes about one hour to complete, and it can be accessed through any computer and completed in stages. The only course acceptable is "Protect Children."
All volunteers are required to complete this course prior to volunteering. When you have completed the course please send Jane an email copy at email@example.com (or hard copy) of your Certificate of Completion. Summer is a good time to complete this task.
Thank you for your cooperation.
How to take the online course
- Go to: www.shieldthevulnerable.org
- Click “1st time Diocese signup” tab
- Click “Adult Course” button
- Select Diocese of Sacramento and designate school, not parish.
- Complete the registration.
- Click “Start” button on my the "Protect Children" page.
- Print your Certificate of Completion at the end of the course and bring it to the school office.